Driving in the snow or any winter weather can be pretty dangerous. Here are some tips to help keep you safe when driving on snowy or icy roads.
- Avoid sudden stops and quick direction changes
- Don’t use cruise control when driving on slippery surfaces
- Bridges can be icy when other road surfaces are not
- Drive slowly – stopping and turning take longer on icy roads
- Give yourself extra time
- If you find yourself sliding on an icy road – do NOT hit the brakes, slowly take your foot off the accelerator